Swagbucks Widget

Monday, November 14, 2011

Oh, happenings...

The computer I'm currently using doesn't have pictures, so I'll have to post some updated ones later. I just haven't posted anything for so long, I thought I'd give a little update. Jake is almost done with school! Yay! We're looking at June as the earliest graduation date. He recently scored the highest on one of his final exams, which is awesome when he seriously thought he was going to fail the class and have to retake it, which it's only taught in the Fall. Now we just need to get through these last 4 weeks of the semester and hope he does well in his other classes! We also recently found out he was awarded more scholarship monies randomly. We are definitely grateful for this unexpected blessing.

I am in my second year of teaching high school, and it's been good, but hard. As many know, we are expecting our second child, which means Mom is sick in the mornings but has a schedule to keep. I am 16 1/2 weeks along, and the appointments have looked good so far - a healthy baby heart beat. I really haven't been that sick, comparatively, which has been another huge blessing for our family, especially where I have to save up my sick days. I'm due the end of April, which at my school is perfect timing. I teach college classes to high school students, and we follow the college schedule. Spring semester ends the first week of May, so I really won't be missing many days of instruction, and then someone else can administer the final exam. The Lord definitely has perfect timing! I just hope I don't come early, which most pregnant women don't hope for :)  Recently, I obtained a second job as an Adjunct Professor at Argosy University in Draper. I will be teaching one class, one evening a week for 7 weeks in January/February. With Jake not working next semester and a baby on the way, we figured the extra income would be nice, and it's pretty decent money for the hours. It will also look good on a resume if I decide to teach at a Community College or do an online class for other universities. The other staff seem really nice and laid back, and I think it will be a great opportunity and experience; my Tuesdays will just be very long.

Gregor is as wonderful as ever! He is always laughing and running around. He loves when both his mom and dad are home because it happens rarely right now. Next Sunday will be his first day in nursery, and we're super excited about that! He is also obsessed with babies, or maybe just the word, and we hope that continues until baby sibling comes. He loves other children; we just hope he doesn't get annoyed when the new baby can't play with him like his cousin Jayce can. We know he'll be a great older brother! And I love his super cute moments when you know he loves you just as much as you love him. For example, I fell asleep in the chair yesterday, and he climbed up and gave me a kiss smack on the lips and laughed! I just hope those moments never cease!

Hopefully I'll post pictures soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well! We're excited for Jake's graduation and where that will take your family!

    ReplyDelete